Though I try to keep it under wraps I am the cheesiest, most passionate, romantic geek in the world. However, I recognize that not everyone shares these sentiments. I mostly try to keep this side of me at bay, sparing you from any impulse to gag or roll your eyes at my silliness. But today?
Today is the day I married the best man I know. And I cannot help but let a little bit of this gushy side of me loose. For Ian is my greatest blessing. My confidant. My companion. My hero. My best friend.
Do you know how many times I've said the words: "Where did I find this guy?"
A man who cooks, cleans, and is so creative it makes me sick. A guy who writes good music, enjoys the occasional chick flick, and makes my stomach ache with laughter. A person so handsome I never tire of his face, who makes me feel gorgeous and always knows the right thing to say when I'm feelin' down. Someone who I miss when I don't see all day even though I see him every day. Someone who inspires me to be my best and makes me believe that I can be.
okay okay. I know my limit is almost up. Just one more thing. Brace yourself.
...
........
............
*intake of breath....*
"To blaave. And as we all know, 'to blave' means to bluff! Which means he was playing cards, and he cheated!"
Couldn't do it to you. I hope this quote is sufficient to explain what I could have said. It's real folks. And it's worth living for. And if you don't know what the above quote is from, or to what I'm referring... shame on you. And go watch Princess Bride.
Just know this. I consider my marriage to Ian to be the greatest decision of my life. Nothing has brought me sweeter happiness or more joy. So, on to eternity! What fun.
happy anniversary honey legs.

2 comments :
bubbly happiness from reading your sweet words!
my GOODNESS!
Happy Anniversary. So blessed :)
oh honey legs, this was the sweetest thing to read. : ) okay all sarcasm aside, seriously i loved this so much. I love you and ian as a couple. with every post and every picture I just love you two more and more together. you're like one of those couples that's so meant to be together that it brings people comfort, like soulmates are real and possible. you're the type of couple that people rely on to always be strong and together. this probably sounds totally strange but ya know what i mean?? like if you ever got a divorce the world would implode because it was IAN AND SASCHA for crying out loud!! : ) happy anniversary. I still remember so vividly the day we were chatting in sewing class and you told me your husbands name was ian friley and I almost died. 'THE ian friley??" i thought. Joe talks aaallll about ian friley. how hilarious and wonderfully random that this awesome girl married him!! : )
Post a Comment