lotsa pictures. get ready.
Now... I may have cheated in a way. I took the before pictures in the havoc and disaster that was moving in. So anything after these shots would most likely be appreciated. But I'm going to pretend that you'd like it even if the before shots didn't exist.
It's very ours and very us.
Other Shots/Details:
Front Door(s) 8 1/2 feet tall. This is our kind of place.
Side Door... with a skeleton key, yes.
Huge north facing windows. We literally dont have to turn lights on until the sun goes down
with all of this natural light! Easily... a favorite feature.
Other little things:
Our stove is super old school-- and requires a match for lighting. But Ian and I are nerds and feel really awesome every time we have to. The novelty will most likely wear off eventually, but for now-- it's fun.
We would probably not have been able to set up so well if we didn't have the storage available in the basement. Thank goodness for it.
There's an opera singer living above us. We've only heard him practicing a couple times so far and it was amazing both times. His voice is gorgeous! And talk about charming.
No more coin-operated laundry thanks to the washer/dryer available downstairs for all tenant use. ...YES! yay yes yes yay yes {insert happy dance.}
Still need to take pictures of the backyard to share. It's lovely.
Love the sink. It's shallow and wide, so everything fits in it. The faucet is floating above so I can stick huge pots/pitchers under it without a thought. The ribbed sides for dirty and drying dishes is perfect. The big clear window above the sink? 'nough said. I honestly don't mind doing dishes in this kitchen. Seriously.
It may be the smallest kitchen we've had, but it's actually the most efficient. Everything is right there. We have space for everything. The cupboards are the biggest and best we've had. Could use a little more counter space, maybe? But really--it's completely manageable.
You may have noticed that our bedroom/living room space are one. I've already gotten over it. I may put up some curtains in the future? Maybe? But so far, it's working fine.
Um....? I think that's all. Any questions?
we love it.
















4 comments :
(Insert Alfalfa Voice) Wow wow wow wow.... Love it! Gosh what a charming place. Miss you and love this
Ikea has really awesome curtains designed specifically for room dividing. When we lived in Rexburg I bought a bamboo room divider and it was one of the prettiest things ever. It added so much texture and dimension to the room without being too visually cluttered. Also, tall book shelves (but the see-through kind without any backs) would be a good room divider because it wouldn't be visually heavy but you'd have that clear separation of space. anywho, enough my rant. what i actually wanted to comment about was how AMAZINGLY SASCHA that apartment is. it's just OOZING with charm!!! i can't get over it! i love everything about how you guys decorated and made it your own. The skeleton key?? oh my gosh. and THAT SHOWER!!!??? give me that one!!!!!!!!!! i'm in love with showers like that!!!
I love it Sasch. Brett and I may end up in North Carolina or Chicago, so I have been looking at apartments in to those areas, and they all look like this. Old and charming and amazing details. I love it, it makes me excited to move!
So is it just a little office in the back and wouldn't fit your bed, thus making the studioish room in the front? Looks fun.
Post a Comment