peter says

Saturday, January 13, 2018

It's been such a long time since I recorded a Peter Says!  I was inspired to this morning because he came up from some Saturday morning cartoons for some food.  I asked if he'd like some cereal and he said no.  And then he thought about it. 

"I would like some cereal without milk."

"So like some snack cereal?  In a bowl?"

"Yes.  That would be so helpful.  Oh and can I have some water please?"


 A neighborhood cat that comes around often.  Peter has named her "Chreesa."

This little exchange probably doesn't sound as adorable as I found it.  I just know my Peter.  And how much he loves having a proper snack with a good show.  When he receives my cooperation he becomes so polite and excited.  His face when I gave him what he asked for was so delighted as he ran back downstairs to watch Justin Time.  (Probably because we almost never give him free reign to watch shows first thing)


Peter is 4 and a 1/2.  Lately I don't have as many direct quotes because our exchanges are getting longer and longer.  He loves to tell me about his "dreams" the night before.  I don't know, maybe they happened.  But it really sounds like a long string of stories involving mine craft tigers and dragons that "have fire in their mouths.'  And bad snakes that get destroyed.  Sharks.  Zombies.  Usually some building or trap they've got into.  A variation of all of the above and some I can't remember.  I should record him sometime.

He asks me a lot about what colors make.  "What does yeyyow and white make?"  And when I respond with "A pale yellow," he'll ask "What does pale yeyyow and yeyyow make?"  He'll ask about blue and green.  He knows it's turquoise now.  Or that yellow and green make what I call "lime."  A lot of times I have to be creative with the color he's asking cause he'll ask a string of colors. "What does blue and green and yeyyow and orange and brown make?"  A lot of times I have to respond brown. 

Ian bought the kids a stuffed animal wolf for Christmas.  Peter has really attached to it and calls it Wolfie, but also his "pooch."  I have no idea where he got that from?  He loves it and tells me all about how it doesn't eat pigs or cows or dogs... only sheep.   However, he doesn't let Wolfie sleep in his room because it will destroy all his Lego's at night.

"That's an excubbery of Kah-nunna."  (wish I'd written down the context.. ha)

Overhearing him while playing Lego “If you give me your body you can have mine!  Okay!  But in some cases it doesn’t work."

“Mom can we make a tree house in the front yard?”
“Well, we don’t have a tree in the front yard.”
“… we could borrow some branches from the tree store!”

That time he looked up at the sky and saw jet lines and said "Dad look!  Powerpuff girls!"

Lately he's been saying "thee" a lot.  "Can you fix thee movie?"  "I want to go to thee playground." "Can you go to thee basement with me?"

"I've got the pow-ah!" he'll shout while playing by himself in his room or jumping on my bed.

He's dubbed our unborn baby "Susky."  I realized after a time that it came from My Neighbor Totoro and he was actually trying to say "Sasuke," the oldest girl in the movie.  But we've been calling the baby Susky all the same.

If there isn't a show on downstairs, Peter is extremely afraid of the basement.  Because of the monsters (there are none of those!  I say...) and the spiders (Well, you got me there...)


He makes us smile so often.  Even when he gets mad I find him cute.  Is that bad?  He's been emphasizing all his words really strongly while clenching his fists at his side.  "I. DON'T. WANT.  TO.  GO.  TO.  BED!"   It's so dramatic-- but kind of adorable.  He's imaginative and sweet.  He's intensely physical and can be a bit much sometimes but he's quick to give you a big hug and snuggle when he knows he's gone too far (and jumped on your belly.  Or headbutted your back.  Or climbed across your face with his knees when you're lying down...)  Ian and I have discussed getting some more recreational things for him to get into at home to help all that energy!   

Every age has been my favorite age.  I love my kids.  Seeing them grow up and slowly make sense of their worlds has become such an incredible aspect of my life. 

No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |