birthday girl

Tuesday, January 30, 2018















We had a little party for our girl!  Nothing huge, just with our local family clan.  But it still felt special and fun.  I tried my hand at decorating a cake with better tools and I think it turned out okay!  It makes me excited for the next cake.  We danced, we snacked, we sang to Joanna before she blew out the candles.  Surprising to us, she seem to cower in the spotlight-- and was so sheepish that she almost didn't blow out her candles.  The girl asks to blow out candles almost every day!  I think the attention was too much for her.  I could totally relate.  After rounds of cake and ice cream, Joanna opened thoughtful gifts from Ian's family that she's really attached to.  The final gift was blush and a brush from her aunt Holly--pictured above.  We had a pinãta filled with the gender-revealing color candy of our baby that we tried to open safely without swinging any heavy articles.  We felt defeated by the task until we asked James to take over-- who smashed it open on the ground with renown success-- (revelation here to come later).  It was a comfortable and happy celebration.

We are so grateful for our Joanna girl.  And we can't believe she's two! 

No comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |