outerbanks, north carolina

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

When Peter was just over two months old, we made a trip with our friends to the Outerbanks in North Carolina.  I, being a frazzled new mom, was a little nervous that vacationing with a tiny baby would make our "vacation" more of a stress fest.  

Thank goodness I was wrong.


The Gang. ^^^  
We are all in developing stages of life.  All women but I were pregnant.  One couple with an older toddler, one with a crawling baby, one with a newborn, and one pregnant with their first.  This group of friends formed between the men before high school.  
They laughed that their conversation has changed so drastically from what it use to be, 
now surrounding the logistics of fatherhood and the like.

^^^ 
This is the beach house we shared, which made the trip affordable.  Both because of the shared living space but also because of the groceries we bought together.  It was fun to try everyone's home cooked meals.  It was perfect, really.  
We each enjoyed our own space with our own bathroom 
and it was only a short walk from the beach.


^^^This picture makes me swoon.  Continuously.  Every time I see it. 


 I'm so glad this baby loves water. ^^


  ^^^I love his little hand in this one!

These couple of shots were from a morning walk we took as a family.  
Can you believe the sight of that sunlight shining on the water?  It was rejuvenating.  



It was the trip we didn't realize we needed.  Laid back, enjoyable and comfortably spaced between getting out and staying in to relax.  And all in good company!  We each agreed that it was good enough to make a tradition out of.  I'm glad to have one more thing in my life to look forward to.


2 comments :

Bethany Sines said...

oh my gosh, seriously?? THOSE ARE THE MOST GORGEOUS PICTURES!!!! that one of ian and peter also makes me swoon. holy adorable dad and baby moment! that pic of you and peter with the gorgeous light behind is you SO GORGEOUS. you best be framing that.

Brianna said...

Can I come next time? This beach looks fabulous and I've never been to a beach on the east coast. I can borrow a baby if those are the conditions.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |