happy halloween

Saturday, November 5, 2011

We went back to Ashland for Halloween.  And thank goodness for it.

You see, the thriller parade was on Sunday night, unexpectedly.  And we were kind of basing our whole day around going to the parade.  So when it happened the night before, our little idea of carving pumpkins, dressing up, going to the parade then coming home for creepy movies and food didn't work quite as well.  Not having something to dress up for, I mean. 

We probably could have worked it out-- but the last straw was when Ian said he had to drive to Ashland to pick up a few things.  The party was then condensed to Brianna and I partying by ourselves, plus I was the only one with a decided costume.  Well we threw out all plans and went to Ashland with Ian.  Which turned out to be a mighty fine choice.

First we took Brianna to central park.  Perfect weather for the occasion.




Then we had to figure out how to spend the rest of our Halloween.  We had very weak plans in mind upon arriving.  Just three small pumpkins to carve and a spooky movie provided by Brianna.  (El Orfanato  Creepy, sad and beautiful.)  That was about it.  Then my mama in law informed us of a costume box in the basement.  Which led way to...

Brianna the french taunter:


Who spoke in the appropriate accent all evening.  "Now, go ehwey before I taunt you a second time-uh!"

Sash the homely pirate:

Complete with moon boots beneath attached boots to pants.  I look like my dad.

Ian the everyday batman:


Who delightedly used phrases like "Swear to me!," "I'm not wearing hockey pads,"  and "trick or treat" in his lowest batman voice possible to all kids who came by for candy.

and at last... Holly the German scientist with hippo poodle

      
         

And even though you can only see her in the left corner of the picture... we cannot forget to acknowledge Diana the ninja turtle belly.  What a champ.

Some other gems from the evening

 

 
Our small punkins.  Took about five seconds to carve.
It was probably the most laid back Halloween of all time.  Really last minute.  Spur of the moment.  And incredibly enjoyable.  As long as mustaches were attached, no real conversation could be held without bursting with laughter.  Such fun.  We watched Little Shop of Horrors while eating hamburgers.  Then when we had got good and ready, full of candy in our bellies, we watched El Orfanato like a bunch of chickens.

All in all... a great celebration.

3 comments :

L. Fauset said...

Awesome. :-)

Brianna said...

Hehe. I love those pictures. I think my favorite is of you and Ian, cuz you look like a damsel in distress, except you have a mustache.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. I love you guys.

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |