beirut
Monday, November 14, 2011
Sure, they're lousy iphone pictures. But I'll have you know that this was probably one of the best concerts I've been to. It was marvelous. We were only seven rows from the front. An easy distance from the band. Plus it was a really casual/welcoming concert because of Kelly Pratt, a Lexington native (who was amazing by the way.) All of his family were there and we all said happy birthday to his mom.
It was one of those concerts that encompassed every bit of me. Ukulele, drums, trumpets, horns, harpsichord, piano, voice and accordion. Not your typical combination of sound. And what a combination it was. It was one of those experiences I'll always remember, I think. A -unifying, exciting, overwhelming, suck in the moment and dance without thinking -kind of experience.
Vagabond is my current favorite from the new album if you care to have a listen.
and I invite you all to fall in love with Beirut as I have. All thanks goes to Ian who put Elephant Gun on the first mix he ever made me, only two months into knowing me. I had a thought while riding home on the back of Ian's scooter that night, all shaken up and ears buzzing from the experience, that I would never have had that magic evening without having met him. That and a million other things. But the thought made me pause and smile.
lovemylife.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comment :
I am insanely jealous.
Post a Comment