what a whirl.
Do you know how strange it is for me to be sitting here, on my couch, looking down at a growing belly? I've stared and stared at this post for so long, not knowing how to write my feelings. It's been quite the year for Ian and I. I think we both had a sense that this was coming, hesitant though we were to speak it aloud in case we would somehow jinx it or put our hopes too high. But the feeling was there all the same.
There is so much I could say but I dont know how. I've hoped and waited and wished and ached for this for so long-- but now it's here I feel nothing but peace about when and how it went about. How much I've grown in that time. How much more patient I've become. How much more sure of who I am and what I'm capable of. How much more comfortable in my own skin. How much more aware I am of the man I married and how good he truly is.
It was all part of the plan it seems.
I am grateful for the billions of tiny plans our Father has in mind for us and how those plans coincide and intersect and enhance each other's plans. I am so looking forward to being a part of this little one's plan. So so so looking forward!
I am one happy girl
currently: thirteen weeks and three days along.

2 comments :
OOOOHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOSH!!!!!!! sasha!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have also been waiting anxiously for this day for a long time!!! i'm SOOOOOOOOO excited for you two!!!! oh my gosh, of all people to have babies, you guys should have lots and lots and lots cause you're the best people in the whole world. please do this world a favor and have lots of littles!!!!! : ) the world needs amazing parents like you two!!!!!! aaahh, i'm so happy tonight.
I agree with Bethany you should have lots and lots of kids!! Plus you are the cutest pregnant person ever!!! You better post a ton of pregnant photos!
Post a Comment