Love my job. I watch the cutest bunch of two-year-olds, I promise. They are so quick to laugh and give hugs. They're great at boosting your mood. I love being the one that gets to make things okay. Even if it's as simple as picking one of them up when they've tripped and had a mini meltdown. I thought I'd share some stories/quotes with you that I've collected since starting the job two months ago:
-While sitting at lunch beside B and C, B looks at C and says "C! Are you gonna help Sash?"
C nods vigorously while chewing her lunch. B asked the same question again and again, almost like a cheer, with C nodding every time in response, until I stopped her and said, "Help me with what, B?" B only scrunched her nose up in a grin at me and then turned to C again. "C! Are you gonna help Sash have a fun day!" "Yeah!" C shouts.
-T took a toy truck away from A pretty forcefully and began to ride away with it. I stopped her, of course, and said "T, did you take that away from A?" T pauses with her truck, thinks for a moment, and says "... He doesn't need it."
-The kids love to sing at lunch, and they usually sing the songs we've taught them like Wheels on the Bus, Five Little Monkeys and such. But occasionally, if we're lucky, L will sing a Yo, Gabba Gabba song that goes "So yummy, so yummy, so yummy. There's a party in my tummy." And usually she'll see about 6 'so yummies' before she gets to the next line. It's my favorite.
-We have a wooden boat that rocks in our classroom. T was in there rocking out, getting really into it when A decided to climb in as well, seeing how much fun T was having. But unfortunately A can be a little rough sometimes, a thing everyone knows from experience sadly. T very articulately exclaims "I've got to get out of this boat!"
-C, noticing her hair getting a little crazy in the mirror, runs up to me and says in her two year old accent "I'm a hot mess!" I love this phrase. I'd never heard it before coming to Kentucky. It's especially awesome coming out of a two year old.
-On more than one occasion, T looks like he has something in his mouth when he doesn't. He's usually chewing on his tongue. But every time I ask T what he has in mouth, he'll open it wide to reveal nothing and say "Buddle dum." (bubble gum.) So cute.
-L's mom came in one morning behind L who was proudly wearing a ponytail in her hair, and told us that in the mirror that morning, after seeing her hair up, L said "Oh, C is going to love this!" (C is definitely the most sought after boy in the room. Always holding hands with somebody.)
-My favorite is when we're having our story time and L goes into one of her stories. They usually go on for a while, we can't understand half of it, but they always have something to do with her dog piggly-wiggly trying to get into the bathtub with her.
Potty Training:
-While flushing the toilet, C says "Bye poopy! See you later!"
-C, our most intense child, has really struggled going "pee-pee" in the potty. One time following nap, after sitting for a minute or two, he grabs hold of the seat and yells "Come ON pee-pee! Come out!" He is especially inspired to go in the toilet because then he'll be able to wear "car panties." His mom tried to correct him to say underwear, but C insists on referring to them as his car panties.
I highly recommend finding an occupation you love. Particularly one that keeps you laughing.
3 comments :
oh please for heavens sake please keep posting quotes :) this gets me sooo excited for when more words come out of porter's mouth
bahahaha I'm a hot mess. that is CLASSIC!! : ) you are the best mother and nurturer. I bet you find yourself grinning a lot, don't you. : ) I catch myself smiling all the time with jack and it makes me feel good cause I would hope he notices, too, and feels loved. kids are just so freaking cute.
That sounds exactly right. Two-year-olds are a delight, especially in a group. So curious and silly! I enjoyed, so thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment