Pappy & Joanna
bee-bop = makeup
waddy = water
boppy = pacifier
otay? = are you okay?
uni-coin= unicorn
stoym troopy= storm trooper
-----------------------
Songs:
Bee-ko Bee-ko Wittle Sty = "Twinkle-twinkle little star"
I DOh DAY I YUVV ITT. Song lyrics "I don't care! I love it!"
Lately she asks "What is it?" every time a song plays in the car. I'll tell her the artist, then the song name.. and then she'll say "Can I see?" to which I hold up a picture of the album cover on my phone.
Other songs she sings/loves: "How Far I'll Go," by Moana. "Thunder," by Imagine Dragons ... which I imagine she loves because they sing "Thund-ah!" with no 'r' just like her. "I am A Child of God," and "Baa Baa Black Sheep."
-----------------------
"Mom wook at that penguin!" she said while pointing to a crow on a phone line.
When my sister Micaela came to help with Oslo after he was born, she and Joanna bonded. One morning I joined Mica in the living room while Joanna was busy in the kitchen. She began to call out "Mom! Mom!" so I responded and asked what she needed. She paused. Walked over to the kitchen doorway where she could see me and said "I'm talkeen about MEE-KAH."
When we were in the pool, Joanna asked me to be her horse. Once she was on my back and ready she said "Wet's do diss."
She walked over to me while we were playing in the park where I had been snacking on some Pirate Booty puffs with its powdery cheese coating. "Mom, wook at you're hands. You got piwate dooty on yoursewf."
Often times when we are leaving the house she'll say "Don't weave!" We quote this a lot.
She calls Oslo her "baby buddy." Baby buddy! Ugh I love it.
A couple times now, when she's feeling lovey, she'll wrap her arms around my neck and say "Mom. You're my bess frenn."
Joanna has a hard time staying put during bedtime. I usually know she'll actually stay when she yells out "Mom! I'm in my bed!" and even more reassuring: "I'll see you tomowwow!"
Joanna does not like the sound of meals. She only likes the sound of a snack. "I don't want wunch! I wann snack!" "I don't want dinns! (or dinnay) I wann snack!"
The last couple weeks she's been playing 'mommy.' She calls everyone honey, especially me and get's upset if she detects my behavior as anything more than docile child.
Ian calls Joanna "so pretty" from time to time and I'll tease him/ask him to make sure he's telling her more than that so that that's not her only identifier. The other day he said he told her how smart she was and she said "I'm not smawt. I'm pwetty." Dang it.
"Wet's go get 'im!" she'll shout as she leads the way to wrestling with dad
-----------------------
I feel like I need to do a separate post about this lady. She's so fierce. She's obstinate and independent to a maddening degree-- and yet I am so proud. I forget she's still only two years old. She's also sweet and thoughtful and will never get a snack only for herself. She asks to get one for Peter as well every time. She loves her books and her babies. She loves to dress up like a princess and a ballerina to dance. Or to do anything dressed as a princess.
We love our girl.
1 comment :
I love that girl with everything in me. She makes me so happy!!!
Post a Comment