
One of the first times the Noe's came over to our house I mentioned to Marissa (knowing she was a fan of whimsy as well as parties) if she'd be interested in throwing a fairy garden tea party with me. Marissa looked at me with surprise and awe and said "I have already planned this party in my head."
I have always loved the idea of fairies. I was blessed with a very imaginative oldest sister who taught me to believe in adventure and fairies. Once, when my siblings and I were playing at a cousins in the woods of California, we found a trail of rose petals. Curiously and eagerly we followed them further into the woods. At the end of the trail we found my sister Mica sitting on a fallen log covered with moss. We gathered 'round her as she told us fairy stories about how they lived and where they slept for what felt like a long time. I'll never forget it! I'd like to create that sense of magic and wonder for my own children, I hope. I thought a fairy garden tea party would be a nice place to start. I'm so happy to have found a friend that has the same wish!
These pictures are just a taste of the adventuring that followed our joint idea. We scoured several places around Lexington to find materials for our fairy houses. It took me right back to my childhood, wondering how the fairies in my city live. My favorite bit was looking at nature that closely. Suddenly, everything was a unique building material. It made me appreciate the details in nature around me to a much higher degree than taking in the whole.
It was especially fun to see our children exploring and taking in nature's details too.






No comments :
Post a Comment