Daffodils from our yard, photo on my iphone
I feel like the age of personal blogs is over. All that is left now are those who do it professionally, or for posterity purposes. I know that most of the people that read this blog forget it's even here. Heck, I forget it's here.
If I began again, I could use it as practice. Practice writing for a wider audience. Practice recording my various thoughts and feelings on a more public forum. Remove the wonder and worry of being read and simply use it for myself. An extra outlet. No fretting as to it's regularity. Writing only when inspiration strikes so as to not ignore what's important.
Sometimes I toy with the idea of writing something "for real." The multiple stories in my head. The lyrics I've written. Or even a more specific blog that could become professional. So why not start here and give it a shot? For writing is almost never a waste.
Besides.
I want to remember right now. This elated feeling of our first home. Of my son who becomes more incredible to me all the time. I'd like to rejoice in the simple aspects of life that make me smile. Like the Blue Jay's that have made residence in our tree in the back. Or the flowers I cut from the yard that are making the whole house smell sweet. Or the huge smile on Peter's face every time I'm finished brushing his teeth and ask him if he wants a turn to try.
Life can be such a mess of trying and failing. It isn't always easy to rejoice in the simple when all you can see is the surface you're clinging onto to stay afloat. But every once in a while, the waters calm and you're allowed to sit and reflect in the light. I'm enjoying my current view right now, warmed by the light shining down. I have no wish to forget it. I know all too well the importance of trying and failing in shaping our character and that it will come again.
So for now I will rejoice in the light, and write to remember.

No comments :
Post a Comment