Hello! I am breaking through my blogging hiatus to share with you our new digs. Because we bought a house! Can you believe it?? Finding and buying this house was shockingly simple and straightforward. It felt just right and as if the situation was waiting for us. I am sad that my family in Utah doesn't have the chance to see our little house so I decided to take some casual pictures of our home as it is now and give a "grand" tour.
The house was built in 1959. It's just under 2000 square feet. Three bedrooms, 1 & 1/2 baths. The back and front yard make about 1/4 acre (complete with a large kitchen garden that we are excited to continue!) I have a deep passion for design and decor and Ian and I are excited to put our own stamp on this house with some changes but honestly... we're pretty pleased with how it is only a month in. (And funnily enough, we've already made some changes since I took these photos!)
Master bedroom. That door leads to a tiny half bath
See what I mean? Tiny. But so nice to have!
Peter's Room
Bathroom
Living Room
Kitchen
Original PINK Appliance! love.
Basement
So there you have it! I neglected to share the 3rd bedroom upstairs, the storage laundry room that is behind that door in the picture above, or the yard. Because... they are disaster areas. And it's too cold outside. All in good time. I've decided I'm going to use this post and its pictures to document our progress.
Homeowners. Has a nice ring to it.



















4 comments :
WOW! I love it! Your style has always been so classy. I think Peters room is my favorite :) can't wait to visit!
It's taken me 3 tries to leave a comment. Please stop rejecting my comments!
Me an' ian, we're so excited for you guys! Seriously, congratulations on a beautiful home!
I can't be sure and we'll probably have to come out this year to inspect, but so far my Top 5 Favorite parts:
5. Pink oven. Very vintage of you.
4. Kitchen bar. I can see Peter running under that thing all day. So fun!
3. Ian's mancave, complete with Restoration Hardware wood paneling and drum set. (Actually look laid out really smart. Way to go Sasch!)
2. Bathroom. Looks like the Plaza Hotel honeymoon suite bathroom. Just saying...
1. #1: Front room. Crazy cool rug, painting above the piano, and sweet yellow pillows (and I hate pillows! Ask Micaela). Very Sascha of you.
That girl's got talent!
Love you guys!
Not sure if my comment posted...so here it is again. Love! It has so much potential, you could be the next Young House Love. I can't wait to see what you do with it. And what you've already done is great. I love the couch. Nice choice.
It's so fun to see everything you were talking about, like the couch and the rug and the dresser. And that elephant head in Peter's room is great. It's all so fun!
Post a Comment