This. Picture.
As soon as I took it I knew it would be one of those moments I was happy to have captured. It makes my heart swell. I think the same happened to Ian after he first saw it. There is so much in Peter's face, looking up at his dad. Looking up to his dad. Already.
Ian and I celebrated five years of marriage this week. I could do the usual post; a picture of a younger us, on our wedding day. But I thought this picture suited best for right now. There's something I like to do that I call "edit," in my life. I can't remember when it started. But for a long time now, I'll look at a moment in my life and I'll think... what if my younger self could have seen this. And I quickly "edit" a picture in my mind of what I would have thought had I seen this special moment in the past. So for this anniversary post, I want to "edit" this moment into my question of what five years from when I was first married would look like. If I could have seen this photo five years ago... no doubt I'd have a swollen heart then as well.
Because it would be evidence of my dreams continuing to come true. It shows Ian and I safe and happy with a healthy, beautiful son. Oh, how this picture would have comforted me! There is so much to look forward to in it!
And the romantic in me must say: this picture reminds me that Ian has been the means by which all my dreams have come true so far. And I have an inkling that that will only continue.
I love you Ian Fyffe.
Cheers to five years and on to eternity

1 comment :
Five years!! Holy cow that is crazy. Congrats :)
Post a Comment