Current family portrait
My job has ended. For the first time since I was a kid during the summer, my time has become my own to prepare for this little human to enter the scene. I'd like to say that it has been spent in an idyllic, summerland kind of way but it hasn't. My days consist of nesting; preparing our little space for an extra presence to come, and taking breaks for my increasingly tired body. Running errands, managing our apartment with more awareness, and practicing hypnobabies (we love hypnobabies!)
Pregnancy is incredible. I've had an amazing time analyzing the way my body wears pregnancy. Some things I expected, but others I didn't. I really haven't experienced serious changes in appetite. I've been a little more obsessed with breakfast cereal than normal. I like peanut butter more than I normally would. My sweet tooth has increased and become more focused on baked goods and chocolate rather than just anything sweet. But other than that... normal as pie. What I didn't expect was that my person would shift. I am typically an optimist, dreamer, worker bee type person. Pregnancy has muted my dreamer side and put my worker bee optimism into a more focused place. I feel very to-the-point. I'm feeling much more queen bee than worker bee, in the sense that I've slowed down and put my focus where I've deemed it be most important. I'm not as concerned with inspiration and fun right now. It makes sense of course. I'm in practical mom mode, focused in on my shifting purpose. It's amazing, but a little strange to not feel as fun and fluffy as normal.
We're in a beautiful transition and I'm hoping to implement more creativity into this new chapter. I will be at home with our little boy and make our management position in our apartment more of a full time job. I'm ready to acquaint myself with this humongous change and my plan/hope is to record things much more often than I have been.
Hello blog! It will be nice to get to know each other again.

1 comment :
i was smiling the entire time i was reading this. i just love the way you write. i just love YOU! you're the best. i just love your baby and your family and EVERYTHING! : ) i also laughed to myself reading about you loving breakfast cereal more. um, hello, that was so me, too, with both of my pregnancies. Cereal for every meal for the entire first trimester. haha. : ) you wear pregnancy well, friend. i gained 80 pounds and felt like a heifer. you look fabulous. i'm seriously so excited for you and ian. wow, 6 weeks, huh? that will either go in slow motion or it will fly by. : )
Post a Comment